- Almond Flour Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water (consider soda water for slightly fluffier pancakes)
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- coconut oil
- fresh berries
- Combine almond flour, applesauce, coconut flour, eggs, water, nut meg and sea salt in a bowl, and mix together completely with a fork. The batter will appear a little thicker than normal mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan once it is fully heated. Spread out batter slightly if desired.
- Flip like a normal pancake when the bubbles start showing up on the top, and cook for another minute or two.
- Add more oil to the pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with fresh berries.
Note: If the pan is too hot, the cakes will stick, burn on the outside, and/or not cook entirely through. (Green)
Spinach Soup – Blend 4 large handfuls of washed baby spinach, 1 cup of water, 1 clove of garlic, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and a pinch of himalayan salt in a blender until smooth. Add the flesh of 1 ripe avocado and blend again until smooth. Serve topped with lightly toasted pine nuts. Can be served cold or hot. (Green)